Currently reading,[I'm a big multitasker]

  • "The Mozart Effect: Tapping the Power of Music to Heal the Body, Strengthen the Mind, and Unlock the Creative Spirit" By: Don Campbell
  • "The Catcher and the Rye" by: J.D Salinger
  • "Speak"

Random Find

Random Find
=]

Monday, May 7, 2007

"Sun"

"Sun"
By: Beth Baber

Sun

I love the plants, they greet me.
Fire from my veins, clothes you in warmth,
Yet you destroy me with your machines.
I am the very breathe that keeps your planet.

I can not move, but watch longingly as
Stars shoot through the sky, playing games of tag.
Shooting Stars run free leaving a sparkling trail of diamonds behind them,
They are beautiful from where they are.

Although all of the others circle around me, I feel no comfort.
They are free, to circumnavigate the solar system, I am chained.
They know not what it’s like.
Lonely I feel, wishing to play as the others do.

Oh to shoot through the sky, like I was meant to do!
From afar I seem kind,
But I am fiery, raging,
Lonely, Sun.

No comments: