Currently reading,[I'm a big multitasker]

  • "The Mozart Effect: Tapping the Power of Music to Heal the Body, Strengthen the Mind, and Unlock the Creative Spirit" By: Don Campbell
  • "The Catcher and the Rye" by: J.D Salinger
  • "Speak"

Random Find

Random Find
=]

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Sears Tower"

Eh.. it's still a work in progress but i had to get it out


“Sears Tower”

By: Beth Baber


Child is sleeping,
Sweet and Innocent.
Breathing rises and falls.
All is still, all is good.

Secrets and guilt grow,
Wishing to forget,
Engulf her every action,
Destroying, innocence

I put on a cotton dress,
Fix my hair, brush my teeth.
Look in the mirror, See a lie,
Still the mirror hangs on an unsteady nail
I hate what I saw.

And he says, ‘run, girl, run,
Run until dawn until the crayons break and color the sky
then they’ll awake in the morning to find you gone
when they search the houses
We must stay hidden’

I went with him, far away
Ran into the sun, I escaped
Didn’t want to come back again
Too much they didn’t know
Happened in the morning

‘They’ve found him,
They killed him’ my mother speaks
Calm, Collected, I stay
For I have not been torn apart yet
I wouldn’t believe his death until I see it

Pulling back the covers,
I sob, and you see
The terrible monster I have hidden,
All is known, all is known.

I put on my cotton dress,
Look in the mirror,
See the ugly truth, my skin grows cold
Mirror falls and crashes
I am falling I am breaking.

I am cut open, I am exposed
You see my brains,
You see the ugly thing that grows inside of me
You’ve seen my hidden actions.
I saw you standing in the doorway.

I am ugly and broken,
I am real, I am alive.
Rid me from the things that destroy
Free me from my thoughts
Shield me from my monster.

Open my heart,
Look inside, Maybe your words will
Travel to the hidden parts
Medicine drops
My beating organ

Secrets like
Black water run deep
underneath my concrete ground
where I build my home, where I tie up my safety nets
He found a way in.

Open heart surgery
Someone sees deeper
All along I knew it was wrong
It turned to fire, and burnt my hands

He isn’t dead
He still whispers to me
His presence is there, cannot leave with him again
I have to face me, I’d be revealed again
Only to bring truth

Truth that washes me,
Falls and cleans my broken body
Wind blows over my shape, Sun shines on my face
Heart beats strong
I am that child again

No comments: